St. Andrews by-the-Sea Attractions & Activities
What To See & Do In St Andrews by-the-Sea
There is so much to see and do in St Andrews from whale watching and kayaking to art galleries and amazing outdoor performances at our amphitheater. St. Andrews also has a thriving ‘foodie scene’ and hosts a world class golf course.
So come and experience everything St. Andrews has to offer… fresh seafood, beaches, seaside walking paths, sea kayaking, golf, historic Main street, The Fundy Discovery Aquarium, Kingsbrae Gardens, Ministers Island and so much more.
Enjoy The Town of St. Andrews…
There is so many things to see and do in the town and Kingsbrea Arms Inn is so close to most of them that you walk! Here is a partial list of some of our guests’ favourite places within walking distance.
- Kingsbrae Horticultural Garden: Right at our front door.
- Crocker Hill: The most intricate bird and salmon fly paintings & prints you will ever find.
- Ross Museum: A proper Georgian center hall brick manse, fully furnished.
- Sheriff Andrews House: Guided tours through this neo-classical beauty from the early 1800`s.
- St. Andrews Pendlebury Lighthouse: A beacon to Mariners`past.
- St. Andrews Block House: War of 1812. No one was hurt.
- St. Andrews Loyalist Cemetery: No website and not taking calls.
- Ministers Island: Home of 19th century railroad tycoon, Sir William Van Horne.
- Huntsman Marine Center: Fantastic Fundy Discovery Aquarium on the St. Croix River estuary.
- Wild Salmon Nature Center: Amazing information about a precious resource and its struggle for life.
Even More Only A Short Drive Away…
Here is a partial list of some of our guests’ favourite places within driving distance.
- Kings Landing Historical Settlement: A trip back in time.
- Roosevelt Campobello International Park: Famed summer residence of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.
- New River Beach Provincial Park: Hiking, bathing & breathtaking beauty on the Bay of Fundy.
- Covered Bridges of NB: New Brunswick has 58 historic covered bridges, many close to our Inn.
- Lighthouses of NB: There are many lighthouses both historic and modern located only a short drive away.
In St. Andrews, you’re on the international super highway for migrating whales. Prime time is mid-June to September. Kingsbrae Arms is situated just up King Street from the harbour where the excursions begin. Choose a tall ship, whaling vessel, catamaran or speedy zodiac.
- Fundy Tide Runners providing over 20 years of whale watching experiences and nature tours on the Bay of Fundy aboard our 25 foot Rigid Hulled Zodiac.
- Island Quest Captain Chris is ready to take you on an authentic whale and wildlife adventure in comfort and style. Our marine biologists are thrilled to share their extensive knowledge of the ocean and marine life that thrives in it.
- Quoddy Link A Bay of Fundy Recommended Whale and Wildlife Cruise. Departing from historic St. Andrews by-the-Sea, New Brunswick, Canada our Bay of Fundy whale and wildlife cruises provide the opportunity to experience whales and so much more!
- Jolly Breeze We’ve helped over 82,000 people from around the world experience a slice of life through, wondrous, exhilarating, soul-fulfilling whale watching adventures in the spectacular Bay of Fundy.
- St. Andrews Sport Fishing Deep sea salt water sport fishing charters aboard their high performance 29 foot Sea Fox. Don’t be surprised if you find a shark on the end of your line.
Kyack Tours & Rentals…
St. Andrews offers several kayaking opportunities, both tours and rentals.
- Seascape Kayak Tours Inc.: Has been offering unique, small-group sea kayaking experiences since 1994.
- Eastern Outdoors: Is located in the center of the Town on the waterfront, offering tours and rentals.
Golf St. Andrews NB…
St. Andrews offers a distinguished signature golf course. The links offer golfers superb views of the ocean along with a challenging version of their favourite game. The course features a dynamic sequence of ocean front holes, exceptional forested holes, and a natural design that blends with existing topographic and geographic features. The almost constant change of direction in the routing from one hole to the next ensures an exhilarating round.
- Holes: 18
- Course par: 72
- Length: 7,000 yards
- Dress Code: traditional golf attire and soft spikes